Sunday, April 17, 2016

That light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train

As I sit here writing my research paper for my final night of Experimental Psychology, I felt the need to procrastinate a bit. 
Ok, you know me, I always procrastinate, that's how I roll...
 It's not like my paper is due at midnight or anything.
 I was thinking about how crazy these last few years have been and how far I really have come. When I was younger I had this vision of how my life would be, but obviously, things didn't end up that way. Maybe these things happened for a reason, or maybe it's because of the good and bad choices I made. Whatever the case, I'm here...a mom, a wife, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a student, an employee, and most of the time stressed the fuck out because I try to balance it all. 

I remember, a little over 3 years ago, when I took a drastic leap and enrolled at GCU to {FINALLY} finish my degree. I got the crazy looks and the "you'll never finish" talks. How was I going to do this on top of everything else going on in my life? Like for real, I had 3 kids under the age of 5...what was I thinking?? I knew I couldn't let myself down. I knew I wanted my kids to see that no matter how crazy life can be, you can achieve anything you put your mind to. AND I sure as hell wanted to prove people wrong. (guess what, I am.) HOLLA! 4 classes left and my "I'm just winging it" 3.5 GPA...I can see graduation right around the corner. Information has been requested, unofficial transcripts in the works for review, and by the end of the year, application for Naturopathic Medicine school has to be completed. Who knows if that is where I'll end up, but when you're passionate about something, make it a priority. 

My moral of the story is this, don't let things or people define you. Don't settle for mediocre. And certainly don't give up on the things you once wanted just because life got in the way. Embrace the good, the bad, the suck, and move forward. The only reason you should be looking back is to see how far you've come. 


Image result for motivational quotes


2 comments:

  1. You are one of the strongest ppl I know! 💗 you can conquer it all. Love you! 😙 ~Trappy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Love you girlfriend! :D

    ReplyDelete