Thursday, July 13, 2017

All the single ladies

"Now put your hands up
Up in the club, we just broke up, 
I'm doing my own little thing"


Whoa whoa whoa...calm down there Shannon. First off, it's been almost a whole year since you have even thought about writing, let's not scare all those (4) readers away with your singing. 


Anywho, I just want to take a minute to talk about the D word. That's right, divorce. I mean, I'm loving the single (as fuck, mind you), not having to share a bed with someone, walk around my house naked, eat ice cream for dinner, and the peace and quiet when the kids are with their dad, life, but it's not as glamorous as it seems. I don't think I've been this broke since I was, hmm, 12, and sometimes the quiet is too quiet. Trying to co-parent and still be civil sucks the life right out of me, and other times I'd like to bash my head into a wall. 

(Cause, seriously??? Ok, I won't even go there...but here I am, still breathing, and have yet to patch any drywall, hashtag, winning.) 

I think about why I wanted this, and when I decided I'd had enough. I have had so many people come to me recently asking questions about my separation and divorce, for advice in their own marriage, and even support. Maybe I'm not the best spokesperson for living a life you've always dreamed of, but listen, you sure as hell shouldn't be living a life of regrets and unhappiness. In the last year and a half I've struggled, a lot. I've cried, I've fought with myself, and struggled some more, but I can honestly say I'm the happiest I've been in a really {REALLY} long time. Other people see it, my kids see it, I see it. At the end of the day, all of these trials are worth it, because I'M FUCKING HAPPY. 

So here's to my haters, all the lovers, and the fighters: 
May you be in love with your life, and if you aren't, 
I hope you find the courage to start over. 







P.S. I hate Beyonce, and no, I don't want a ring on it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment